Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sifting Our Tax Dollars Down The Drain

I was visiting my in-laws this weekend in Galveston. Luckily their house was spared from major damage when hurricane Ike hit last year. When I saw huge trucks loading up with sand on the beach, I asked them what was going on. Apparently, they are digging up the entire beach on Galveston Island about 3-4 feet deep, loading them into trucks and taking them to the end of the beach. When at the end, they are putting them through sifting machines to clean out debris and then loading them into trucks and taking them back to the beach and putting it back. I am not sure how expensive this huge operation is (there were tons of heavy equipment up and down the beach) but I am not sure that is the best way to spend money rebuilding Galveston. Good job spending our tax dollars, Texas government.

No comments:

Post a Comment